Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Pain-Drenched Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss


I had a Mick Jagger song stuck in my head today.
You have to love or hate The Rolling Stones, I think.
When I´m in a particular mood, the sound of Mick Jagger´s voice just seems to fit.
Kind of funny, since I don´t own any of their albums.
But I like listening to their music, once in awhile.

And today I was just thinking.
There is so much singing about pain in their song lyrics really.
Raw, bleeding pain just splashed all over their catalog.
And what does that say about them, hmmm?

Just for fun, I took a look at their lonnnnnnnnng song catalog & picked out all the pain-drenched songs,
and domination/submission-themed material.

Here is just a sampling:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Ain't Too Proud to Beg
All About You
Always Suffering
As Tears Go By
Back Of My Hand
Backstreet Girl
Beast of Burden
Bitch
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Cry to Me
Dangerous Beauty
Dear Doctor okies I threw this one in for those into medical play...lol
Dirty Work
Fight
Gimme Shelter
Grown Up Wrong
Heart of Stone
Heartbreaker
I Can't Be Satisfied
Lady Jane
Let It Bleed
Licks Around the World
Mean Disposition
Mr. Pitiful
My Girl
My Obsession
One Hit (To the Body)
Out Of Tears
Pain in My Heart
Paint It, Black
Play With Fire
Pretty Beat Up
Shattered
She's So Cold
Short and Curlies cbt anyone? hehe
Slave
Start Me Up
Sympathy for the Devil
Tie You up (The Pain of Love)
Too Much Blood
Too Rude
Too Tough
Torn and Frayed
When the Whip Comes Down
You Can't Always Get What You Want the slave´s lament


and the classic....
Under My Thumb !

Angel :)


Submit to FetSpank.com

FetSpank
is a place where Kinksters become Spanksters. This is where you come to discover, share and vote on the most popular fetish-focused Web content. Click the
FetSpankit! button to spank-vote this post!

6 comments:

selkie said...

it's been my experience that you either prefer the Beatles or the Stones - not sure what it says about you - but me, I've ALWASY been a Stones girl I LOVE them.

Angel said...

So what does it say about me that I happen to love BOTH, selkie? :)

I used to have the most horrendous crush on George Harrison. Come to think about it, I still do.

Maybe the reason why I love both...
is because I´m a Switch?

LOL

Angel :D

Angel said...

Here´s an interesting add to The Beatles vs The Rollings Stones debate:

The music that actually inspired this blog was the music Mick Jagger recorded with Dave Stewart at the legendary Abbey Road Studios for the Alfie movie sound-track. An awesome sound-track by the way.

selkie said...

how cool is that! and LOL at the switch ....grins...

I like quite a lot of the beatles songs but they don't give me that gut feeing that the stones do ....

Angel said...

Well I know what you mean.
The Beatles music appeals to me on an intellectual and spiritual level.

But the Stones are all about the nitty gritty, the blood & guts. It is just RAW. And that comes from a deep down very physical space. Do you know what I mean?

selkie said...

absolutely.... there is just something so naturally sexual about them - I agree that the beatles are more attractive on an intellectual level